“The relationship you have with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.”
Spend quality time with yourself, prioritise yourself and your well-being, because as you nourish yourself you’re able to nourish others.
Quote by Jane Travis
The above quote resonates with me because it refers to changing your viewpoint. Too many people I listen to tend to complain about, “how bad things are.” There’s no denying the world as we know it is going through major shifts, and yet if you look closely at what this is bringing, you will notice that not all is doom and gloom.
It’s time to re-evaluate ‘you’; to look at ‘you’ differently – from a different lens. Just as a photographer changes his/her camera lens to take a better shot, so should you consider doing the same! Too often we get caught up in routine; the same routine that gets you into a comfort zone (which I call a danger zone).
Ultimately it is the relationship you have with yourself that determines how you show up in the world.
Here I offer some suggestions to help you change your story and take a different look at it by changing your lens. It is completely in your power to change the tapestry of your life.
I challenge you to closely examine your habitual patterns and begin to make changes to help you live a happier, more productive life.
• Look at expanding the frequency of your narrative lens. If you find yourself moving towards a negative mind state, then you can choose to raise your frequency to look at life from a more positive perspective.
• Consider all the ‘characters’ and/or emotions in your story
– Do these characters serve you well or do they restrict you through their negativity?
– Is your story narrow minded or does it encompass a much wider view of the world?
– Do you feel emotionally strong or are your emotions draining?
• Are you aware of your underlying belief patterns? Spend some time reflecting on what you believe to be true for you. If these beliefs no longer support you, then now is the time to change your approach.
• Embrace new opportunities that may well be waiting for you just around the corner? You will only see them if you are looking forward with hope and optimism.
As we move into Level 3 restrictions, now is the time to re-evaluate what you plan to do with your one precious life.