Business Writing Skills
In this fast-paced, high tech-age, communication flows from cell phones and Blackberries to video-conferencing, SMS and email. With so much emphasis on instantaneous interaction, the need for power-packed writing abilities is even greater than ever. The stream of communication is flowing faster and faster, which means that the information flowing on it must be focused, concise, accurate and compelling. All your written communication reveals your commitment to professionalism and excellence. This practical workshop will explore the window of your written record.
Introduction to business writing
- The language of business correspondence
- One chance at creating the right impression
- Techniques in correspondence: structure, planning, writing and editing
- Establish the target audience?
- What needs to be said?
- How should it be written?
- Sentence structure and layout
- Style and tone
- Getting to the point
- Business vs. social correspondence
- Corresponding to inform or persuade
- Responding to complaints
- Handling different documents
- Spelling, punctuation, grammar
- Slang, jargon
- Correct modes of address
- Formality vs. informality
- Appropriate vs. inappropriate language
Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Developing good relations with both internal and external customers
- Understand client and company expectations
- Active listening and the importance of feedback
- Handling customer complaints positively and constructively
Benefits of Attending
This workshop is very practical. Explore the window of written record and how to write constructively and accurately.