OTHER SOFT SKILLS
Assertiveness & Negotiation Skills
Do you need your staff member to be more assertive and conduct effective negotiation?
Why be Assertive?
- Understanding assertive behaviour
- Negative and positive aspects of assertiveness
- When to be assertive and with whom?
- Difference between various character profiles
- Non-assertive job personalities
- Knowing your rights and responsibilities
- Dealing with criticism, objections, confrontation and conflict
- The disease to please
Assertiveness and your Approach
- Positive communication through first impressions
- Learning to sell your personality
- Learning to take initiative, making decisions and taking responsibility
- Being pro-active team participator
- Being positively assertive with both internal and external customers
- Knowing your strengths and enhancing these
Assertiveness and Negotiating Skills
- What is negotiation?
- Active listening during a negotiation process
- Negotiating for resolution
- The big picture first
- Understanding the positive aspects of a negotiation process
- Achieving a win-win situation
- Reaching consensus
Benefits of Attending:
This self-growth and development workshop is designed to empower participants to build their self-confidence and to understand the difference between assertive and/or aggressive behaviour – to improve communication and strengthen interpersonal relationships with colleagues and customers in an assertive and non-threatening manner. It further explores the power of effective negotiation which is a basic human activity and which needs to be re-developed to meet the demands of business today.