Leadership Skills for Team Leaders
This workshop is designed to provide a strong foundation in understanding the principles and skills of a good leader,how to apply influencing techniques and how to communicate effectively when delegating tasks
Introducing the role of leadership
- Understanding the relationship between leadership and influence
- Understand the main approaches to leadership
- Traits perspective
- Behavioural perspective
- Leadership styles
- Charismatic leadership
- Understand how to build relationships
- Appreciate different methods and zones of influence
- Effectively employ of influencing tactics
The process of delegation
- Why delegate?
- Accountability vs. responsibility
- Delegation vs. instruction
- Ways to delegate
- Key points when delegating
- Who to delegate to?
- What can and cannot be delegated
- Why not delegate?
- Evaluating delegation
- Common problems found when delegating
- Model for effective delegation
Benefits of Attending
Completion of this training will provide team leaders with skills in building relationships together with effective strategies on “getting the job done’ through others.